Thursday, July 17, 2008

Nothing much going on here...

Wowzers, it's been awhile. As I've said over and over and over again, life just hasn't been lending itself to wordiness, lol! Trust me, my blogs aren't the only ones that have suffered.

So, nothing much going on here. As I'm sure most of you know, in May mom and I went for a week-trip to California to visit friends, go to Disneyland and attend the opening weekend of Prince Caspian at the El Capitan. Fun stuff! I'm in the process of writing up my  Trip Report, and when it's finished, perhaps I will post it here. Or maybe, I'll post it BEFORE I'm finished. So y'all can yell and scream at me for procrastinating so much. I'm doing about one post a month. *hides head in shame*

Anyway, only a few days after mom and I got back from California, she was diagnosed with preeclampsia (look it up; I'm not going to do EVERYTHING for you) and had to deliver the baby early. Benjamin James was born at 4:30 AM on May 27th, and weighed only 4 pounds. He was perfectly healthy but had to stay in the hospital two weeks..being a preemie, he naturally had a bit of a harder time adjusting to being "born" than other babies; mostly with his stammia. He had to have a feeding tube put in to suppliment his feedings until he grew strong enough to suck an entire feeding for himself. He didn't come home with any particular parapranelia, if you're wondering. Just a normal baby, although a teeny one.

Well, you would not believe how much that kid has grown! Talk about a chucka chunka bit of love. He goes for his two month checkup next week, and I'm guessing he weighs around 8 or so pounds. He's really been packin' em on! We love him a ton, and believe me, he quite spoiled. He has a lot of nicknames already, including Fatso, Ben-ger-mints, Benny-boy, Baldie (compared to all our other babies, he has no hair to speak of), Gerber Boy, Squeeker, Reeker, Grunty...the list goes on and on.

At the moment, I'm not currently occupied with anything exceptional except for helping out with Benjamin and doing laundry and cleaning. I'm unofficially graduated (although I've yet to receive my slip of paper) and I'm in the process of trying to figure out what I want to do this fall/winter, weather it be focusing on website development and such, pursuing other oppourtunities or whatever. I'm really stumped right now. A few months ago I thought I knew exactly what I wanted to do, but now I'm not so sure. It's been weird, being in this limbo mode. I've been praying that God will show me what I'm supposed to do; I really have no idea right now.

Well, that's all for today...may there not be such a long gap next time! (but I always say that, right?)

A photo or two to send you off. :)

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/1282/may16disneyland085qv0.jpg
Disneyland...one of my favorite places on earth. Cheesy, but true.

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/2184/may19thdisneyland002nm9.jpg
Jody came with mom and I for a few days and we got to go to Disneyland together. We had so much fun!

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/7453/may19thdisneyland046qt3.jpg
We got STUCK on SPACE MOUNTAIN!!!!!! :D :D :D

And finally...
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/9834/may17elcapitan066ez1.jpg
The reason behind the whole trip. *happy sigh*

God bless!

~ Asile

No comments: